Monday, February 11, 2013

Creatively speaking...

Did I ever mentioned that one of my son's is a figure skater?  Together with his dance partner they represent Poland and are among the best in the country.  He's been skating since he was 7 years old; today he is 21.  




Over the last 14 years, I've been the one who designed and made most of his costumes (with an exception of just a couple here and there) and some that his partner wore.  I spent countless nights beading their costumes, loosing my eyesight in the process... but what are contacts for?  ;)   They always looked amazing on the ice.

What do you think my sewing room hides?  

That's right, boxes and boxes of odds and ends, small and big scraps of most beautiful fabrics that I never had a heart to throw away.  

Now my son trains in US, and has a new skating partner, they are first year Seniors and I no longer have to worry about costume design... I do miss it a bit I must admit, and I do go back to go through my stash of fabrics from time to time just for fun.




For the longest time, I've searched for ideas on how to use the fabric and beads that I accumulated.  

Here is what I came up with: 










 All those flowers are handcrafted and one-of-a-kind.  They are sold online and through my friends.  All proceeds go towards the training needs of my son and his skating partner.  

How do you like my recycling idea?  

No comments:

Post a Comment