Friday, April 8, 2011

Dreaming Softly
Master Bedroom Secrets

Intrigued by the title?

We have been in our "new home" just over 4 years now... and I'm finnaly ready to transform the Master Bedroom into the relaxed oasis it should be.

The Secret about it is the simple fact that my husband doesn't have a clue yet.

Of course I will help him! I can do it all! Or almost all!
It's just getting him to agree to disturb the hectic-as-it-is-life and get it actually done...

That is my challenge now... or is it finally deciding what it is that we will be doing?

Here is couple of ideas I love.











This is from Divine Design (I LOVE Candice)

All those pictures somehow provide a sense of serenity. 

It's not that I like any specific item in any of them...

It's about the feeling I get when I look at them...



Just look at that quilt, you just want to reach out and touch it, don't you? (It's from Pine Cone Hill)

Here are few more pics: (from willowdecor.blogspot.com)
























Some have nothing to do with a bedroom; they just give me that calm feeling I love so much...

This one is quite seasonal Christmas Decor, but I love the bead board and the sea foam colour on the walls.

























I'm a bit afraid of all the white that is required to achieve this look...


But, I figured I can always add some black into the mix to ground the look.


















Or just use soft hues to bring in the peaceful serenity.  (from Pine Cone Hill again)
























So now, all I have to do is to gather the courage to let my Hubby know that this is his next project... the bead board, the painting... the refinishing of the floors...

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment