Thursday, February 21, 2013

What will I do with all that fabric?

Since I no longer needed to make skating costumes for my son, as his attire was now created by a very talented lady in Europe, I had to say good bye my sewing room.  At least for the time being or until I re-discovered my passion and creativity once again. 

I was faced with a task of re-organizing my sewing room and it was time to face the Rubbermaid Boxes...

You know the kind, huge, stackable and... filled with left-over fabrics to the brim.  We sewers all have them. My collection of boxes was quite impressive, I have a tendency to keep certain thing, simply because I had no heart to throw them out.  They are too pretty.

Here is what I came up with:





 
 
What do you think?  Creating those beautiful one-of-a-kind flowers has become my favourite evening activity.  I never expected to be so excited when each one is finished, as they truly are unique and beautiful.  I must admit... I'm not the only one that loves them.  They are sold at my Etsy Store here, all proceeds go towards the training expenses of out Senior Skating Team.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment